Search for Trees

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Summer Update

It is summer now in Tennessee and that means that it is hot and humid. I have been hiding out indoors during the heat of the day and stepping outside in the evening to take walks with my wife, baby, and puppy.

I try to take photos as often as possible and there seems to be an unending supply of trees to support the daily photo series. In fact there are many trees that I pass on a daily basis which I have been intending to photograph for weeks now. I am getting excited with the upcomming autumn and the leaves that it will bring. Feel free to drop me a comment any time to let me know if there are any trees that you would like to see more of.

I have been observing the development of many trees and expect to collect seeds this fall as they develop. Summer tends to be a slow season for seed collection. Some of the trees that I have been watching include Japanese Zelkova, Littleleaf Linden, Pin Oak, Eastern Redbud, and Goldenrain Tree just to name a few.

In addition to the daily photos and seed observation I have brainstorming a few articles and how-to's that I will be posting over the new few weeks.

For those of you that subscribe to my blog via a feed reader I invite you to stop in and take a look around. The website has been undergoing some light construction to further develop its character.

Craig